Introduce yourself! :) - yes YOU, you who happen to read this <3

Welcome Tomek! We’re so glad that you’ve joined the team! :heart:

Welcome to the team Tomek!!! We’re so amazingly grateful to have you join!

Hello everyone!

I’m David and have been working on 29k for a little more than 2 years now. My main focus is to create video content for the app, both for our courses but also some that’s more there for inspirational purposes. The reason why I do what I do is that whenever I’ve had an experience of a certain emotion or insight that I find profound or interesting - I can’t wait to guide someone else to the same place. And if I manage to do that by composing audio, visuals and storytelling I both feel that I’ve shared a beautiful experience, but also that I’m not alone in it anymore.

I love reading and listening to stuff about non-duality and playing football. I like creating music and go fishing. I’m neutral to cats. I don’t like logically incorrect metaphors. I hate spiders and warm bananas in food.

What I’m most interested in with what we’re doing is learning about the power of sharing. Looking forward to doing that with you in the app later!

<3

5 Likes

Love it David! <3<3<3

Hi all,

I was recently brought on by 29k as a software developer to work on our app. You might be surprised to hear, however, that I’m educated as a molecular biologist. In fact, my original plan was to stay in academia and continue as a researcher. But, as I progressed through my degree, it became evident that my capacity to make meaningful contributions here was limited. So, I decided to leave. Having to come to terms with the reality that my last five years studying to become a molecular biologist may all have been for nothing was an incredibly difficult thing to do. But I asked myself, ‘what can I do that the world really needs?’. Certainly not another mediocre researcher.

Having tinkered a lot with software development on the side, this was, realistically speaking, my only option. But I promised myself then, as I did five years ago, that whatever I’d end up doing, I would only do it if it was meaningful to me and I could clearly state why it was meaningful. I so desperately wanted to do good things, but didn’t know how, or even what those ‘good things’ were. 29k helped me put that inchoate feeling into actual, concrete words that resonated with me. They provided a platform for me to do meaningful work. So, having found a ‘why’, I decided to join them. At first, I was somewhat perplexed that they chose me, having zero professional experience in software development, over other, probably more technically capable, candidates. It soon became clear, though, that everyone at 29k are driven by principle. They espouse the same values as I do, and they value the person over the skill. And like me, they believe that the world can, and must, do better with regards to what we value as a society. But a better world starts with you – the individual. An individual is not just a useless and isolated needle in a haystack, but a node in a vast network; your actions matter. That’s why personal growth is important. That’s my ‘why’.

It might be difficult to tell but I’m currently brimming with excitement! Many think of 29k as an app, and even internally we often speak of it as such. But 29k is so much more than an app and there’s a lot of exciting things happening behind the scenes, so stay tuned!

Talk to you soon,

Nam

5 Likes

I’m so excited about your newly started journey! And the best part is that we (29k) are a part of it! Welcome Nam! :hugs:

Boom! Such an amazing quote Nam! We are honoured to have you join us and co-create something that hopefully can enable a lot of peoples lives to improve :slight_smile: Welcome to our bunch of crazies :wink:

Hi. Just WOW! What an amazing thing you all are creating! I’m in awe and have been since Rachel gave a hint about this in her podcast… I think late last summer. I’ve been a participant of a lot of womens circles in Stockholm where I live. And had the honour of trying your app in the beginning of this year thanks to Pamela <3

It was such a beautiful experience to be able to connect in this way! I’m a nerd when it comes to holistic health and personal development, or personal exploration as I like to call it :smiley: It has led me to become a breathing instructor and a BA i psychology, and I will continue learning for the rest of my life <3 We humans are just pure love and magic! And we need spaces that make room for us to see that love and magic inside of us. Spaces where we get to meet ourselves together with others. It’s so freaking awesome that you are creating this space! YAY!

I want to send out the biggest hug to all of you! Amazing to be able to follow you along! Thanks for the invite! With love and joy, Lisa

4 Likes

Hi ya’ll!
Friday seminar @ moderna museet in stockholm made me aware of the 29K ideas and philosophy! It’s intelligent, awesome and inspiring. And it fit my view of #themeaningoflife so I couldn’t resist! We are all here for a reason. Realizing I might have only 10750 days to go I absolutely want to make the most of them. So I’ll let myself be 29K’d and make the most of what comes out.
Congrats to a great place to be - and keep shining! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Welcome the our little community Mirjam! :slight_smile: Looking forward to getting to know you! We’ll be updating and giving access to the experience here on the forum in the near future so make sure to check in soon again :wink: Would love to hear what you think of it and making it better together =)

Hi Lisa!!! So glad to see you here :slight_smile: A BIG thank you for the support so far in testing the experience and helping to make it better with the all the feedback. It’s enabled us learn so much and made it possible take it to the next level :slight_smile:

hugs

Erik

Hi all!

My name is Erik, 47 years old, born, raised and still living in Stockholm - with my wife, my daughter and my wife’s three daughters from previous marriage. A great new acquaintance, Jakob, has introduced me to 29k and I’m now really keen on seeing what this is all about. I am very interested in coaching and personal development and everything that help people to grow and hence be able to contribute to a better world in general, is interesting :slight_smile:

/Erik

3 Likes

Hi Erik! Great to see another Erik on the forum :wink: Thank’s for introducing yourself! since what we’re building is close to both personal growth and similar coaching (but in a peer setting and more focused on sharing & self-exploration rather than the coach/coache relationhip) it would be very interesting to hear your input on the first program! :slight_smile:

Erik

Hallo!
I hope to make a differens and to contribute to make life better for generations to come through my work as a psychologist. And I belive in healthy connections to other people can be one of many pieces to a meaningful life. Right now I am in a period of thinking over my life, try to figure out which directions are important and how to begin to take those steps, and struggle with thougths of fear of failing.
I’m glad I found your community. See you :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Monica! :slight_smile:

So nice to have another psychologist around!

Hi Monica! Thank’s for presenting yourself :slight_smile: The next course we’ve been designing is actually about Finding your values so maybe that could be especially interesting for you. Would be amazing to hear your specific perspective as a psychologist :slight_smile:

All the best and welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Erik

1 Like

Hey all! My name is Katalin, I am 33 y o. I think I signed up a few months ago after I’ve read about you guys on Rachel’s website (?)… And now somehow I just “found” your latest email in my inbox, sitting and waiting for me patiently since a while… :sweat_smile:
Anyhow, I am a mother of a 2,5 years old precious girl. I lived in some countries (Netherlands, UK, Malta) but now we are back to our home country, Hungary.
I have a degree in psychology but I have never worked as a psychologist. (I was in IT recruitment for 7 years, now I am working on making a few of my dreams come true: becoming an English teacher, becoming a pro photographer…)
I had to experience some sad things in my life (I’ve lost my best friend and I have two :angel: babies…). I’ve been always interested in psychology and spirituality, but in the last couple of months I really stepped on the road of “deep work”.
I am happy to be here and I hope I can help you guys in your amazing work! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Hi Katalin! So glad to have you here, thank’s for introducing yourself. The first program is about the “deeper” work since we saw that that’s the most important type of work to make available to many who today can’t access it. Looking forward to hearing your feedback of the experience and creating it with you =)

Hi, I’m Katja and I live in Germany. I’m going through major changes in my life and am looking for ways of growing, learning and loving myself. I’m excited about human connection. I’m a counsellor working within the ACT framework and a behaviour analyst.Frederic made me aware of this initiative by information he shared within the ACT community. Looking forward to connect.
Love, Katja

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and join the community Katja! :slight_smile: